Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Professionally Recommended

GW has been "professionally recommended" by the Navy CARE board. This means that I am considered fully qualified to be a chaplain. Now I have to wait for my commissioning documents before everything will be finalized.
We are hoping for a slot in the August school. If we don't make that school, then I would have to wait for January (which would be a difficult journey). I am of the mindset that since I am going to do this, I want to do it sooner rather than later. Please continue to pray with us.

2 comments:

Mrs. CP June 4, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

Congratulations!! It sounds like the Navy process is a little different from the army one. Where is the Navy Chaplain school located?

Greg June 10, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

The process is not very different. The Army requires active duty applicants to travel to interview with an active duty chaplain colonel, in a one on one setting. Active duty Navy Chaplain applicants all go to Washington D.C. to interview with the Chaplain Accession, Evaluation and Retention board. And this interview is definitely not individualized! As I remember it, there were seven members on my board, all O5 and above, all but one was a chaplain. They all asked me questions, sometimes more than one.
Navy Chaplain school is in Newport, RI for one more class this fall (which I hope to attend) and then co-locating with the AF & Army chaplain schools at Fort Jackson, SC.

hit counter javascript

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP