Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Psalm 37:4

Stepping StonesImage by Steve Webel via Flickr

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Earlier, I wrote the following in my journal:
It does not follow from this verse that the Lord will give me whatever I ask for as long as I desire the Lord. Rather, I believe that this verse means that as I grow in delighting in the Lord, my desires will change and what I ask for will be in alignment with what he wants for me. I think this includes his understanding of the right time for things to happen.
There are stepping stones of faith that are part of the process of trusting in God to give us the desires of our heart in his time.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

hit counter javascript

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP