Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Scroll

Pic from Netherlands WikipediaImage via Wikipedia

As of today, I continue to wait for my scroll approval (prospective commissioned officers are listed on a document (often called a scroll) which has to go through congress and then be signed off on by the Secretary of Defense).
I found out today that my DC hotel mate's scroll is back and that he is slated for the August ODS. Also a new friend from Florida whose chaplain application and scroll dates are very similar to mine is being told to continue to plan for a 6/19 commissioning ceremony.
In the words of my processor:
You never know. The scroll approval could come through tomorrow or it could be August. I have seen scroll approved in as little as 4 weeks and as long as 16 weeks (that was a one time deal when the scrolls ended up sitting on someone's desk - hasn't happened since).
The journey has been long and waiting is hard. God has seen us through up to this point, and I know he will in the weeks ahead - even if I have to wait for January before going to ODS.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

hit counter javascript

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP